Home | Local History | Historic Properties
  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 906.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_join_nodehierarchy_ancestor::construct() should be compatible with views_join::construct($table = NULL, $left_table = NULL, $left_field = NULL, $field = NULL, $extra = Array, $type = 'LEFT') in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/nodehierarchy/includes/views/nodehierarchy.views.inc on line 146.
  • strict warning: Declaration of calendar_plugin_display_page::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display_page::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/calendar/includes/calendar_plugin_display_page.inc on line 297.
  • strict warning: Declaration of calendar_plugin_display_page::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/calendar/includes/calendar_plugin_display_page.inc on line 297.
  • strict warning: Declaration of calendar_plugin_display_block::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/calendar/includes/calendar_plugin_display_block.inc on line 78.
  • strict warning: Declaration of calendar_plugin_display_attachment::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display_attachment::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/calendar/includes/calendar_plugin_display_attachment.inc on line 242.
  • strict warning: Declaration of calendar_plugin_display_attachment::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/calendar/includes/calendar_plugin_display_attachment.inc on line 242.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_argument::init() should be compatible with views_handler::init(&$view, $options) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_argument.inc on line 744.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 159.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_style_default::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_style_default.inc on line 24.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 134.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/windsor/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 134.

High Street

Abner Baile House: 414 High Street

Abner Baile House

Baile purchased the lot for this house in 1872. 

Buckey-Bixler House: 302 High Street

Buckey-Bixler House

Sitting at the corner of churhc and High streets, the  house, built by John C. Buckey in 1897, is a twin to 301 Church Street, built for James T. Lambert. Buckey had purchased the reamins of the old Catholic church on the grounds of New Windsor College grounds and had the pieces used in his new home. Some of the windows from the church were used in constructing the garage. Both Buckey's house and Lambert's were built by Henry Geatty (the younger).

Deborah Baile House: 309 High Street

Deborah Baile House

Deborah Baile was the maiden daughter of Ludwig Baile by his second wife, Sarah Haines, and was a very successful business woman. Her house was built initiallyabout 1873 but most likely burned as the 1877 atlas shows a differently configured home than the one in 1873.

Jacob Leppo House: 312 High Street

Jacob Leppo House

Built about 1863, by Jacob Leppo, in a style very similar to 311 across the street.

Jonas Ecker House: 311 High Street

Jonas Ecker House

Jonas Ecker bought the lot for this house in March 1682 for a whopping $700, though earlier maps show him already in possession of the property before that point. Ecker died in 1870 and the property went on the market the following January.

Joseph Stouffer House: 404 High Street

Joseph A. Stouffer House

Joseph Stouffer, the cashier at the Bank before Nathan Baile, bought his lot on High Street in March 1862 and had his large house built but he turned around and sold it two years later to Josiah Geiger, owner for a time of the building at 142 Church Street, running into financial trouble soon after.

Presbyterian Church

Presbyterian Church

The church was built about 1841. The cemetery behind it includes many of the town's notables.

Presbyterian Manse / Mrs. Kleefisch's School

Manse / Mrs. Kleefisch's School

Built around the same time as the Presbyterian Church, the building also served as a school around the time of the Civil War. Young Maggie Mehring, a student there at the time, was the only eyewitness to the Civil War movements through the town of New Windsor in June of 1865.

Roops Grocery: 142 High Street

Roops Grocery / K & B Corner

For years, this was a small grocery store, but is now occupied by K&B Family Restaurant (which also once was located at Brownie's Corner).

Samuel Hoffman House: 401 High Street

Samuel Hoffman House

Samuel Hoffman, who owned the Ark Store at the time, bought a lot on High Street as teh new section opened, in late 1857. It was advertised for sale in 1900, shortly after his death.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 1 guest online.

User login