Home | Local History | Historic Properties | Main Street

Daniel Stouffer House: 212 Main Street

Daniel Stouffer House

During the Civil War, General Bradley T. Johnson used this house for a headquarters. As the general had connections to Stouffer's wife, their store in town was one of the few properties that was not looted by the Confederate soldiers when they came through town. Nathan Baile purchased the house in 1872 and added a rear addition in 1898. At the time he purchased the house, Nathan was the cashier at the First National Bank of New Windsor, located across the street.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 2 guests online.

User login