Home | Local History | Historic Properties | Main Street

Anders House: 208-210 Main Street

Anders House

Underneath the modern clapboard, this is a log structure and was built on Lots #18 and #19, though #18 was purchased first By 1818, John Mitten owned both lots, holding them until 1842. Mitten ran a hotel here for a brief time and sold the property to his son-in-law, Jesse Lambert, who opened a harness shop. In 1899, William "Uncle Billy" Anders bought the property and opened a candy store,

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 2 guests online.

User login